All Children are dropped off and picked up at our venue, Cavendish School, 31 Inverness St, Camden, London, NW1 7HB
Our creative / sporty day camp offers music, drama, and sport/playground games in the mornings, with the children alternating between activities in their age groups. During the afternoons we have art / creative science sessions and playground games. This is less structured and the children can follow their interests. We also have plenty of books, lego, board games, dressing up costumes, and cooking (cold) sessions.
If you choose one of the Forest school options then your child will arrive at Cavendish school. If you have booked extended hours they will join the creative daycamp until the Forest school leaders arrive to gather them into a group and leave for the park. Similarly after the Forest school group arrives back, the children are either picked up straight away from Cavendish school, or they join back in with the daycamp.
Click here for Prices and dates
- Drama: with Emma Stanford, embracing the wonderful Selfish Giant Story by Oscar Wilde. Using a parachute with the youngest children and a dynamic circle with the oldest, Emma brings a text to life, taking the children on a journey, going with their own ideas about the characters; and weaving these back through the chosen pieces of literature, by way of quotes and imagery.
- Music: Enjoy the fun and innovative sessions with Lisa Panther, whose love of music is contagious. We will be shaking down those iambic pentameters by exploring Shakespeare – Hip Hop style, inspired by rap artists
- Sport: Warm-ups, playground team games (own choice too) – Tennis, volleyball, co-ordination games, mental challenge games and burning off that energy with tons of fun. Enjoyable for the sporty and non-sporty alike.
- Art: We have art sessions first and last thing of the day and during the afternoons. There are plenty of resources and your child may get messy! This holiday we are exploring cardboard box space helmets and super-hero head gear, Pharaoh’s head dress, jewellery making and butterfly necklaces, paper lantern animals, colourful scratch drawings, super-sleuth finger prints, and investigating a mouldy bread experiment. There is also plenty of child-led art and craft.
🌿 SENIOR FOREST SCHOOL FOR 6+ 10am-4pm 🍃 Hampstead Heath
🌿 JUNIOR FOREST SCHOOL FOR 3-5 years 9.45am-3pm 🍃 Hampstead Heath
Very limited places now for Forest school but we do get some cancellations so please email
FOREST SCHOOL is an inspirational alternative learning experience which takes
place on a regular basis outdoors in natural settings and across all seasons
- Different activities each holiday
- How lucky are we to have parks so close by! We go exploring the natural environment in these green spaces: den/shelter building, making hot chocolate in Kelly kettles, team games and making friends, nature crafts, getting muddy, and having a great adventure
- Outdoor kitchen cooking, learning to make fires safely, and cooking delicious camp fire food
- Waterproof, outdoor jacket, trousers and boots essential –as are long sleeves, hat or cap and sun screen in Summer.
- Find out more about Forest School ethos here
- Both Forest schools include wrap around at Holiday Academy if required 8.30-6pm.
Pick up/drop off from Holiday Academy venue, Cavendish school
*Booking Forest School for the full week is recommended as each session is linked. Prices and dates
*We reserve the right to change the programme
*We reserve the right to changes in the staff/programme