All Children are dropped off and picked up at our venue, Cavendish School, 31 Inverness St, Camden, London, NW1 7HB
Our creative / sporty day camp offers music, drama, and sport/playground games in the mornings, with the children alternating between activities in their age groups. Each session is age appropriate and changes every week. During the afternoons we have art / creative science sessions and playground games. This is less structured and the children can follow their interests. We also have plenty of books, lego, board games, dressing up costumes, and cooking (cold) sessions.
If you choose one of the Forest school options then your child will arrive at Cavendish school. If you have booked extended hours they will join the creative daycamp until the Forest school leaders arrive to gather them into a group and leave for the park. Similarly after the Forest school group arrives back, the children are either picked up straight away from Cavendish school, or they join back in with the daycamp.
Click here for Prices and dates
Summer dates 15 July – 16 August 2019 programme details:
– Music: songs/scenes from musicals incl: Aladdin, raps from Hamilton, body beats, and ‘Finger-Tutting’ All weeks
– Bollywood dance: w/c 15 July
– Street dance: w/c 22 and 29 July
– Drama: ‘All the world’s a stage’ w/c 5 and 12 August
– Sport: tennis, cricket, tag rugby, basketball, volley ball, obstacle courses/teams All weeks
Afternoon activities: child-led – making dens, sport, and a great selection of books/board games, dressing up clothes and tons of amazing lego; planned activities – art and creative science and sports sessions. Art and Creative Science – is as much about the experimenting as the finished piece! There will be paint, tape, cutting, glue, glitter and more – home-made slime and play-dough, hatching stick insects and planting flower seedlings. Art is available before and after the main part of the day and also during the afternoons.
Fridays: we have a walk to local parks for team fun and collecting/exploring activities
Junior Forest school is already booked out, but there is still space on Senior Forest school 6-12s
There’s no such thing as bad weather if you’re wearing the right clothes, and this is so true! Junior Forest school and Senior Forest school programmes will run as usual throughout the 4 seasons – Summer is a special time for Forest school! Please be aware when you are booking that if the dates are not green they are fully booked already.
🌿 SENIOR FOREST SCHOOL FOR 6+ 10am-4pm 🍃 Hampstead Heath
🌿 JUNIOR FOREST SCHOOL FOR 3-5 years 9.45am-3pm 🍃 Hampstead Heath and Waterlow Park
Very limited places now for Forest school but we do get some cancellations so please email
FOREST SCHOOL is an inspirational alternative learning experience which takes
place on a regular basis outdoors in natural settings and across all seasons
- Different activities each holiday
- How lucky are we to have parks so close by! We go exploring the natural environment in these green spaces: den/shelter building, making hot chocolate in Kelly kettles, team games and making friends, nature crafts, getting muddy, and having a great adventure
- Outdoor kitchen cooking, learning to make fires safely, and cooking delicious camp fire food
- Waterproof, outdoor jacket, trousers and boots essential –as are long sleeves, hat or cap and sun screen in Summer.
- Find out more about Forest School ethos here
- Both Forest schools include wrap around at Holiday Academy if required 8.30-6pm.
Pick up/drop off from Holiday Academy venue, Cavendish school
*Booking Forest School for the full week is recommended as each session is linked. Prices and dates
*We reserve the right to change the programme
*We reserve the right to changes in the staff/programme