Creative and Sport daycamp
Sign up to our newsletter to get the latest update
Cavendish school, 31 Inverness St, NW1 7HB
Join us indoors and outdoors for our two programmes: Regular Holiday Academy and Forest school
Monday 26th March-Thursday 29th March
Tuesday 3rd April-Friday 6th April
Drop off and pick ups at Cavendish school, London, NW1
EARLY MORNING TENNIS CLUB with Coach Cale: 9-10am (£7.50)
EARLY MORNING YOGA with Julie Berentsen (£7.50)
Morning sessions for Regular Holiday Academy (appropriately aimed at each age groups):
- Music with soul voiced Lisa Panther exploring songs, body beats, and putting the inspirational fun back into a music class!
- Drama with Emma Stanford – finding a theme and going with the children’s imaginations to create a fantastic working-group dynamic.
- Sport with Coach Cale will be more than just sport! He has devised some great playground games with own choice as well as basketball, football, athletics skills and a fun mini-olympics. Mornings and afternoons – we have far more outside-time than in a normal school day.
- Art – is as much about the doing as the finished piece! We will be working with mixed media as always this holiday, using printing, tape, painting techniques (e.g. stippling with a cotton bud/painting with a sponge…) collage, junk art (see chicks above) and that’s just for starters. Art is available before and after the main part of the day and also during the afternoons. The planned activities are exploring Cezanne with a still life, making space ships, cartoon story boards, undersea worlds, and edible art with a fruit and veg spiralizer!
- Friday 6th April walk to Regent’s park for sports and games and exploring activities
Afternoon activities: child-led – making dens, sport, and a great selection of books/board games, dressing up clothes and tons of amazing lego; planned activities – art and crafts
FOREST SCHOOL is an inspirational alternative learning experience which takes place on a regular basis outdoors in natural settings and across all seasons – it’s about safely taking risks, team work, problem solving and making friends.
There’s no such thing as bad weather if you’re wearing the right clothes, and this is so true! Junior Forest school and Senior Forest school programmes will run as usual throughout the 4 seasons – Spring is a great time for Forest school (normally drier than Summer)!
So join us for Camp fires, hot chocolate and rosy cheeks, mud slides, carving wood, whittling sticks, and plenty of space back at Holiday Academy if we need a plan B (Didrikson’s waterproof dungarees and jacket are recommended).
- Different activities each holiday
- How lucky are we to have Hampstead Heath and Regent’s park so close by! We go exploring the natural environment in these parks: den/shelter building, making hot chocolate in Kelly kettles, team games and making friends, nature crafts, scavenger hunts, whittling / carving sticks and safe tool use, getting muddy, and having a great adventure
- Outdoor kitchen cooking, learning to make fires safely, and cooking delicious camp fire food
- Waterproof, outdoor jacket, trousers and boots essential – as are long sleeves, hat or cap and sun screen in Summer.
- Find out more about Forest School ethos here. Our leaders are Forest school trained, experienced, and DBS checked.
- Both Forest schools include wrap around at Holiday Academy if required 8.30-6pm. Pick up/drop off from Holiday Academy venue, Cavendish school
*Booking Forest School for the full week is recommended as each session is linked. £55/day
*We reserve the right to change the programme
*Our basic timetable (‘clubs’ are extra to this)
8.30 – EARLY BIRD Activities: Art, Games/puzzles, Percussion instruments, Books, Den-building
9.15-10.00 – Settling in sessions for parents/carers to stay and play
10-10.30 – WARM UP/WELCOME
10.30-11.10 – Music or Drama/Yoga or Sport – Wash hands for snack
11.10-11.30 – SNACK TIME
11.30-12.10 – Music or Drama/Yoga or Sport
12.15-12.50 – Music or Drama/Yoga or Sport – Wash hands for lunch/Morning-onlys pickup time
13.00-13.45 – LUNCH
13.45-14.45 – Art/Craft – Sport/Games – Den-building – Story telling – walk to the park
14.50-15.50 – Art/Craft – Sport/Games – Den-building – Story telling – walk to the park Gather up belongings for Home time/Wash hands for snack
16.00-16.15 – SNACK/Extended day – Reviewing the day, Art/Crafts, Games, Books, Den-building
18.00 – HOME TIME
*We reserve the right to changes in the staff/programme