Build. Create. Discover. Imagine.
Holiday Camp day-care for Children
Holiday Academy Day-camp COVID-19 policy – please check regularly for updates
Holiday Academy Forest school clubs COVID-19 policy – please check regularly for updates
- Holiday Academy is creative and sporty children’s day camp in NW1 London (near Camden), offering holiday day-care for children aged 3-12 (in age groups) from all schools and abroad. Cavendish school is near (5 minutes walk-adult pace) Camden underground tube and overground stations, and good bus services on the high street.
- Join us for exciting sessions including music, drama, art, and sport in the playgrounds. If you want to be outside all day in a local park, a fantastic Forest school programme for 3-6s and 6-12s during the school holidays. All drop offs and pick ups are from the school.
- One of the only camps providing day-care from 8.30-6pm for children in London that take 3yr olds, we are Ofsted registered EY444368 and received a ‘Good’ rating. This means we are inspected as if we are a nursery setting. Although the essence of our service is to provide day-care for working parents, later drop offs and earlier pick ups are available. Click here to see the prices and times.
- Our appeal is that we have a holistic approach and provide space for a repertoire which compliments the school curriculum.
- We have a structured morning with high quality creative sessions starting with art and sport at 8.30am, and drama, music and sport from 10am until 1pm. The Forest school children leave around 10am (returning at 3 or 4pm). During the afternoons children are encouraged to play – there are sport and art activities but it’s also possible to choose books, board games, Lego, dressing up and building dens until 6pm. There is a cosy corner by the books for resting
What to bring to Holiday Academy /
It would be great if the children could bring the following:
Warm clothes! The Forest School provides all the waterproofs. Please make sure that your child has warm clothes on (fleece, jumper etc) and also has comfortable wellies for walking. This is really important as they will be in wellies for the day. It is always suggested to pop in a clean change of clothes as well for when they return from Forest School in case anything is wet! Especially socks. This would be great and makes sure that your child is comfortable and happy once back from Forest School.
Please let us know if you have any concerns about your child finishing their snacks and packed lunches and we will keep a special eye out. I know from experience with my own children that they can be too busy chatting to eat at lunchtime!
Note: The lunch boxes are not refrigerated so if possible bring an ice pack to keep the food cool, and we are not able to heat up food for Health and Safety reasons Allergies Due to the possibility of children having a severe reaction to nuts and seeds we ask if you could not include any nuts, nut/chocolate/cereal bar products (even children’s products) and other products containing nuts (for example pesto) or not guaranteed nut-free. Please tell your children that there is no sharing food.
This way we are safeguarding the children with epi-pens each holiday, and we are also aware that there may be an unexpected reaction from allergies yet to be diagnosed. It is important for us to know if your child has an allergy or intolerance to any food, first aid plasters, wasp stings or anything else. Please contact us if this is the case or if there any changes to your original booking form.
Medicine at Holiday Academy . We will need you to fill out a permission form for us to give your child medicine, so please contact us ahead of the holiday. It must be prescribed by a doctor in the UK to the child, and in-date.
Attendance For safeguarding protocol we take a child’s attendance record every day and we need you to state on this register every morning the name of who is doing the pick-up that day. Any changes to this must be emailed or telephoned through. If you would like to come early to settle your child, or visit the activity areas, please sign yourself in on the visitor’s attendance register, and wear a parent/visitor sticker. If you need to find lost property, please ask a member of staff to help you.
* We have no nappy changing facilities so all children need to be toilet trained.
Policies, Procedures and Parent/Carer Handbook Please find hard copies at the front desk or we can email these details to you up on request – email@example.com
Holiday Academy is a children’s holiday camp in London with original and interesting activities for every school holiday
From a staff member
I have had a lovely week working with great staff and beautiful children and l look forward to working with them again
We were told by our children not to pick us up until 6pm!
Thank you for providing such great fun. M has always enjoyed herself.
Thanks so much for giving them such a wonderful week. Look forward to seeing you in the winter.
From a staff member
Hi Ruth! Just wanted to say a massive thank you again for everything! The staff dinner, the gifts and for taking me to do my test before I fly! I feel very blessed and spoilt! I’m very lucky to have found holiday academy when I did. Our team is so amazing as are you! Thank you for being the best to us always and having me on too! Holiday academy is honestly one of my favourite places and I look forward to it every-time! The energy, the children and the staff is just not like anywhere else! I love it! It’s been a great summer!